Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Zippered Pouch Quest No. 1

I've made so many drawstring bags that I could easily make one with my eyes closed. Right, I couldn't but you know what I mean. Zippers are still a challenge to me as I haven't made any zippered anything since January 17 this year. I had thought that after 4 zippered pouches, I would have retained the knowledge of handling zippers.

So here I am, down the zipper tutorial road again. I came across this zippered wristlet tutorial which comes in a pdf file. (link no longer available) This tutorial is very detailed in how you should place your outer fabric and lining right down to the direction of your zipper. (very important info) The only problem I have is that it doesn't give any tips about how you should handle the zipper bit when sewing the seams. (this is the crucial bit!) Also sewing the bottoms is done in a rather ancient way. This tutorial is definitely for newbie.


For this little zippered pouch, I used my indigo/Sashiko thing. Though the opening looks small for a long purse, my hands are slender enough to go through.

Here's a view of the lining. See the little stain? I burnt something while pressing.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Jane
Love
Ana, Portugal

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2