Monday, March 25, 2013

18 years

Folks,

Today is the first day of school after a 1 week school break. I barely slept because my sleep pattern was off. I had to put a fake gun to my head (I used my fingers) to get me out of bed. Then I went into the living room and I saw this.


Yep. Real fresh yellow roses on the dining table from hubs for our 18th wedding anniversary. The last time I received flowers from hubs was in 1996 or 1997. Yes, before year 2000. The romance is coming back!

I still can't believe it's been 18 years.  After 18 years, we've still not quite got it perfect and need to pause now and then to figure it out. I don't know how other couples do it but keeping your marriage happy is a lot of hard work. Yes, harder than bag-making.

As with our tradition, we exchanged gifts. (because I like getting gifts)


Hubs loved to live dangerously and gave this water container to me. I almost fainted. It turned out to be a joke gift. He gave me something else.


This is what I got him. Hubs doesn't smoke and doesn't drink but he does love his tea. So this big cup is for him to drink his beloved tea. The last one I got him was too big. Hope this one is just right. I hunted everywhere but couldn't find one of the right size that said Tea.


 We had lunch in a cafe located in a bookshop. If your total is $25, you get to pick a free book from a few shelves. Our meal was below $25 so we didn't get to pick a book.


I had peanut sauce chicken and white rice. It was not bad except there wasn't enough chicken.
 

Hubs had laksa which is noodles in curry. He said he didn't feel like he ate anything.


But he almost ate his hair.


This is what hubs gave me - a T-shirt with a peace symbol made of kisses. Oh baby. The romance never stops! I look the pits though - so sleepy I slept on the train when I went home.

After lunch we went to Isetan supermarket and there were many food promoters giving out free food samples. You could go a few rounds and have a decent meal! I had noodles, rice, octopus, scallop, crepe, sweet potato, nuts, and lots of weird stuff. All for free.


Here's to more good years together.

6 comments:

Sunfire said...

Congratulations! 18 years is a long time to put up with someone. But if you love them, it is worth every minute!
~Sunfire

Linda said...

Congratulations! Yes, a good marriage is work, but so worth it! My husband and I have been married 42 1/2 years. My parents will have their 65th!
I can see how you two make a good team! How sweet!!

Little Blue Mouse said...

Happy Anniversary!

SingaporeMemoryProject said...

Dear Madam,

Congrats on your 18th Anniversary!

On behalf of the National Library Board (NLB), we would like to invite you to pledge your blog to the Singapore Memory Project as part of efforts to collect memories that are already manifested in existing online channels.

The Singapore Memory Project (SMP) is a national initiative to collect, preserve and provide access to Singapore’s knowledge materials. Spearheaded by NLB, the SMP aims to build a national collection of content in diverse formats (including print, audio and video), to preserve them in digital form, and make them available for discovery and research.

By pledging your blog to SMP, you are affirming that every memory matters. Whether your posts are an account of your daily life, or an expression of your thoughts, the SMP hopes to find a home for your memories so that it can help build towards an understanding of Singapore. You will also receive a badge that you can display on your blog in recognition of your contributions.

Contributors to this blog pledging initiative will be listed on Singapore Memory portal’s blog pledging webpage. All blogs pledged to SMP will archived using NLB’s web harvesting software, in addition to images of each blog’s landing page.

If you are keen to pledge your blog to SMP, simply fill up our response form at this following URL: http://singaporememory.simulation.com.sg/Public/Pledge.

You may find out more about this initiative at http://www.iremember.sg/?page_id=2822.

We are looking forward to your contribution.

Simulation Software & Technology (S2T) Pte Ltd
583 Orchard Road #14-02 Forum The Shopping Mall S(238884), Singapore
|w: www.simulation.com.sg

Tammy said...

Happy Anniversary! That's pretty exciting, love the romantic flowers when you got up in the morning.

Suzee said...

Oh I missed this post!! Happy anniversary!! Me and my hubs was march 17.. 29 loooonggg years!!! lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2