Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A free lunch

This week hubs kept threatening to take me to Causeway Point (4 train stations away) for a Texas Fried Chicken lunch and today we finally decided to go so he could shaddup about it.

We were about 50 metres away from the restaurant when a woman approached me and asked if I would like to participate in a food tasting thingy at Texas Fried Chicken. All we had to do was eat a shrimp burger and fill in a feedback form.

But of course I said yes. Free food!


This was the burger I sampled. It was freshly made. It looks like any other ordinary burger. I'm thinking kids won't like that many sesame seeds on the bun. I don't mind them.


Enough lettuce and the sauce is not too overwhelming. The worst thing a burger can do is to leak. Vegetables haters won't like the lettuce. They were crunchy.


The shrimp patty was crispy on the outside. Very good. You could also see real shrimps.

But it's too freaking spicy.

My lips burned. At the end of the meal, I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks. Good thing we were given a huge cup of iced water.

I didn't forget my fried chicken. After some shopping to walk off the shrimp burger, I went back and  ordered takeaway for dinner. I was approached once more to take part in the shrimp burger tasting as I have a forgettable face. I declined. My lips still burned.

2 comments:

Little Blue Mouse said...

Good to see real shrimps in there - at least you know it wasn't horse meat!

Chris H said...

The idea of a shrimp patty is rather novel. I can't stand anything hot or spicy so I don't feel like I've missed out on anything!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Bag Pattern Shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane

My Applique Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

My Embroidery Patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/projectsbyjane?section_id=15580078&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2